Today we will talk about the formal code, you know, that code that we all have to be aware of – the gentlemen’s ‘dress-for-the-occasion’ look. There is nothing more awesome than a suit and tie outfit. It gives you that cool classy vibe that catches the eye and the one girls love. Timeless, stylish and modern at the same time, a perfect reflection of personal maturity. This is what the formal dress code is all about!
What is a Formal Dress Code?
The term ‘formal dress code’ can be a little misleading from time to time. Ok, you have an important day at the office, closing a big contract, yeah you will probably have to wear a suit (no code here). The formal code that we are going to talking about here is more for, official stuff, galas and gatherings. Normally the dress code is included in the invitation.
So y’all, let’s see what the formal dress code actually is. When most of us think of the term, we normally go straight to the image of a tuxedo, and yeah bro, you wouldn’t be wrong, although is more then this as you will see.
A classic piece of menswear that hasn’t really changed in the last 100 years, the amazing tuxedo will suit almost every man out there – cheers to that :). Satin detailing on the blazer and the trousers make is visibly different from its casual counterpart; you can add a personal touch with a colored cummerbund or pocket square and you’ll be good to go.
Its for !
- Private parties, garden – office parties.
- Public private events, fundraisings.
- Weeding and all that family stuff
- Theater or opera
- A romantic dinner with your woman (why not).
The Black Tie
Don’t forget about the white shirt!
Breaking down the Formal Dress Code
- Black tie is the damn IT form of formal dress code to get your head around.
- Always stick to classic cuts and colors, but you know a little difference never hurt nobody.
- White tie is the ultimate in formal dress code for men.
- Suits are a the best, but still make sure they’re well fitting and sleek.
Important fact – Make sure that the suit fits you perfectly, as suits (casual or not ) can look out of the picture very quickly if you’re not too careful. Too big or too small and you will look kinda stupid silly.
Be edgy, be YOU!